Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting Ready...

It is Wednesday afternoon, and I originally set this day aside to start packing. So far, I have gone to Mass, taken a nap, read National Geographic cover-to-cover, gone to Chipotle, taken another nap, and listened to music. Packing...well...let's just say it's not going so well. I guess that will have to be a project for tonight :)


I'm very excited to be leaving in six days, but it's also a little bit scary! I'm going to be so far away from home! I've never left the country before, so I don't really know what to expect. I'm going to try to keep in touch with everyone as best as I can through email, Skype, facebook, and this blog. It's going to be hard not being able to just pick up the phone and call my parents when I feel like it, or drop by a friend's dorm room to hang out for a while. Two months isn't a very long time, though, so I am sure I will be just fine!


Things I'm excited for:

  • Meeting my host family
  • Meeting my roommate
  • Going to classes!
  • Talking in Spanish ALL the time
  • Sunshine and warm weather
  • Finding new running routes in Spain
  • Discovering new, yummy foods!
  • Making new friends
  • Wearing cute clothes all the time (apparently you can't wear T-shirts and shorts like I usually do...I'll actually have to make an effort in Spain!)



Things I'm not excited for:

  • Spending money
  • Being far away from my family and friends
  • ...that's about it I think.



Clearly, based on this list of things I am and am not excited for, this is going to be a GREAT trip!!!


I will be leaving on Tuesday, May 31st at 1:00pm from the MSP Airport. We have a short layover in Chicago, and then another short layover in Madrid. We will fly into Sevilla from Madrid on Wednesday, June 1st at 12:50pm. I think there is a seven-hour time difference, but I don't really know where I got that number, so don't quote me on that!


That's all for now. I'll keep you updated on my life...this is the first of MANY posts, all of which will include great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment